LOTOTO, also referred to as "Lock-Out Tag-Out Try-Out", is a safety procedure used in industry to ensure that hazardous machinery/situations is properly locked before starting maintenance.
LOTOTO is a method in which a situation is made safe by locking area’s or turning off switches and test if the lockings work properly etc. This will be done in such a way that other persons cannot undo this protection. Usually special padlocks are used for this. At the same time, where necessary, labels (Tag) are applied, showing that for instance, the machine is under maintenance, but also showing who is working on it. An important aspect of LOTOTO is that all employees involved become aware and remain aware of the necessity to work according to the safe (LOTOTO) method.
Permit to Work and LOTOTO
WPS has a fully equipped LOTOTO system that can run on its own or in combination with the work permit system. This way, when using LOTOTO in combination with work permits, safety levels rise because the WPS system first demands all the necessary lock-outs before providing/releasing the work permit.
- What is EHS operational safety risk management software
- What is Fine and Kinney?
- What is HSE operational safety risk management software
- What is increased risk assessment?
- What is LOTO?
- What is LOTOTO?
- What is operational safety risk management software
- What is a permit to work?
- What is a permit to work software?
- What is task risk analysis?
- What is task risk assessment?
- What is TRA?
- What is a work permit?